Did you know there are creative ways to support Pomona College? Ways in which Pomona College, you and your loved ones all benefit at the same time?
Such giving techniques are called "planned gifts," because with thoughtful planning, you create win-win solutions for you and Pomona College. For example:
- You can make a gift that costs nothing during your lifetime.
- You can give stock and realize larger tax savings.
- You can get a monthly paycheck for life in return for your gift.
- You can donate your house, continue to live there, and get a tax break all at the same time.
- You can make a gift that protects your income as you age, insurance for your longevity.
"I can't make a gift to Pomona College -- I'm saving for retirement."
We offer a gift plan that can help you do both.
The deferred gift annuity begins lifetime payments when you want them -- and most donors choose retirement as the starting point.
- The deferral allows us to offer you a higher payment rate than we can for immediate-payment gift annuities, and
- it generates a larger charitable deduction.
These features make the deferred gift annuity an attractive option for donors in high-earnings years, looking for a significant tax deduction now and an additional source of retirement income later.