Did you know there are creative ways to support Pomona College? Ways in which Pomona College, you and your loved ones all benefit at the same time?
Such giving techniques are called "planned gifts," because with thoughtful planning, you create win-win solutions for you and Pomona College. For example:
- You can make a gift that costs nothing during your lifetime.
- You can give stock and realize larger tax savings.
- You can get a monthly paycheck for life in return for your gift.
- You can donate your house, continue to live there, and get a tax break all at the same time.
- You can make a gift that protects your income as you age, insurance for your longevity.
You tap one of your biggest assets to make a gift, while protecting your capital and facilitating the move to your next home or a retirement facility.
Does your home represent a large proportion of your assets? Will you need to sell it to finance your move to a retirement facility?
The charitable bargain sale is a unique gift plan in which we pay you cash for your home -- cash that you can use for the move to your next residence. The purchase price will be less than the home's market value, and that difference will produce a charitable deduction for you. In addition, your capital gains on the sale of the house, if any, are reduced in proportion to the discount you took on the sale price.