Did you know there are creative ways to support Pomona College? Ways in which Pomona College, you and your loved ones all benefit at the same time?
Such giving techniques are called "planned gifts," because with thoughtful planning, you create win-win solutions for you and Pomona College. For example:
- You can make a gift that costs nothing during your lifetime.
- You can give stock and realize larger tax savings.
- You can get a monthly paycheck for life in return for your gift.
- You can donate your house, continue to live there, and get a tax break all at the same time.
- You can make a gift that protects your income as you age, insurance for your longevity.
You can give almost any kind of highly appreciated property -- such as closely-held stock, real estate, partnership interests, or valuable art -- to a charitable remainder trust and receive major tax and income benefits.
You can receive income for life, a charitable deduction, avoid all capital gains tax, and benefit Pomona College at the same time.
You can even allow your assets to accumulate tax-free until you turn the "income spigot" on at retirement or some other future event, such as the start of your child's education.