Did you know there are creative ways to support Pomona College? Ways in which Pomona College, you and your loved ones all benefit at the same time?
Such giving techniques are called "planned gifts," because with thoughtful planning, you create win-win solutions for you and Pomona College. For example:
- You can make a gift that costs nothing during your lifetime.
- You can give stock and realize larger tax savings.
- You can get a monthly paycheck for life in return for your gift.
- You can donate your house, continue to live there, and get a tax break all at the same time.
- You can make a gift that protects your income as you age, insurance for your longevity.
"I'm Too Young to Make a Planned Gift to Pomona College."
You're never too young to plan before you give. Right now you may be focused on accumulating assets and meeting the obligations of a growing family -- can you also support us significantly? Because we are so grateful for your generous interest, we offer giving techniques that fit your circumstances now and stretch your ability to give:
- Writing your will? Make Pomona College the beneficiary of a contingent bequest -- we'll receive the gift if the originally designated beneficiary cannot accept it.
- A new life insurance policy can be funded from your annual income rather than a transfer of capital. It builds a substantial gift that will strengthen our endowment.
- Alternately, you may be carrying a paid-up insurance policy whose coverage your family no longer needs. A gift of the policy will bring us immediate benefits and generate an immediate tax deduction for you.
- A deferred gift annuity provides a significant tax deduction now and lifetime payments when you need them most -- after you retire. You can create a deferred annuity each year during high-earnings years from dollars you've already earmarked for retirement saving, and schedule a combined payment from the annuities starting at a date you specify.
For more information email us or contact us at (909) 621-8143 or (800) 761-9899.