Did you know there are creative ways to support Pomona College? Ways in which Pomona College, you and your loved ones all benefit at the same time?
Such giving techniques are called "planned gifts," because with thoughtful planning, you create win-win solutions for you and Pomona College. For example:
- You can make a gift that costs nothing during your lifetime.
- You can give stock and realize larger tax savings.
- You can get a monthly paycheck for life in return for your gift.
- You can donate your house, continue to live there, and get a tax break all at the same time.
- You can make a gift that protects your income as you age, insurance for your longevity.
The balance remaining in your retirement plan after your death is subject not only to federal estate tax, but also to income tax – and, if you name a grandchild as beneficiary, to the generation-skipping tax. The result can be that only 20 to 25 cents on the dollar may be left for your family.
Why give so much of your hard-earned retirement assets to the government when you can give them to Pomona College instead?
Direct the balance of your plan to Pomona College, and use other assets – not subject to all the taxes applied to retirement assets – to make gifts to your family.
Recent IRS regulations make it easier to make Pomona College a beneficiary.