Gifts of Personal Property
How It Works
- You transfer a valuable painting, antiques, or other personal property to Pomona College .
- Pomona College may hold and display the property or use it in the furtherance of its mission.
- Pomona College may sell the property at some point in the future and use the proceeds for its mission.
- You receive an immediate income tax deduction for the appraised value of your gift and pay no capital gains tax, so long as the gift can be used by Pomona College to carry out its mission.
- In certain cases, you can use personal property to fund a life-income gift that provides you and/or other loved ones with an income now and benefits Pomona College in the future.
- Without giving cash during your life, you can make a gift that is immediately beneficial to Pomona College .
- More detail on gifts of personal property.
- Frequently asked questions on gifts of personal property.
- Contact us so we can assist you through every step.