Did you know there are creative ways to support Pomona College? Ways in which Pomona College, you and your loved ones all benefit at the same time?
Such giving techniques are called "planned gifts," because with thoughtful planning, you create win-win solutions for you and Pomona College. For example:
- You can make a gift that costs nothing during your lifetime.
- You can give stock and realize larger tax savings.
- You can get a monthly paycheck for life in return for your gift.
- You can donate your house, continue to live there, and get a tax break all at the same time.
- You can make a gift that protects your income as you age, insurance for your longevity.
If you have no spouse and you leave assets in your IRA, 401(k), 403(b), Keogh or other qualified retirement plan when you die, your estate may have to pay combined taxes of up to 70% on those assets before your heirs can receive them!
The problem is "IRD" -- Income in Respect of a Decedent -- and there is a creative charitable solution you may want to consider.